Date : 8-01-2018
Tooth care is quite necessary for all age group. A perfect smile brings confidence in everyone. Gum requires more dental care.Because healthy gums result in healthy teeth and smile.
What is a Gum disease?
Gum disease or Periodontal disease is the bacterial infection that causes a chronic inflammation of the gums and surrounding tissues. Gum disease is being the major cause of tooth loss. It is classified as Gingivitis (Early stage of Gum disease) & periodontitis (An advanced stage).
Causes of Gum disease
The main causes of gum disease are Plaque formation, Genetics, diseases that disturb immunity such as Leukemia and AIDS. “Pregnancy Gingivitis” is a temporary condition and it may turn as a periodontal disease when it is not get treated.
- Bleeding gums while flossing or brushing
- Bad odor from the mouth
- Red, tender and swollen gums
- Tooth loss
- Teeth separate away from each other
Gum Disease Prevention
Gum disease prevention starts at our home. Some measures are pointed here to shield from gum disease.
- It is necessary to brush the teeth for at least 3 minutes with a good toothpaste. Don’t brush the gum line
- Floss daily to remove the tartar from the teeth
- Mouth rinsing is necessary to reduce the plaque
- Eating sugar and starch items will induce gum disease. So, eat healthy diet with Vitamin A and C
- Avoid cigarette and chewing tobacco that not only affects the oral hygiene but also causes oral cancer
- Medicines for contraception, heart ailments and depression might stimulate gum disease
- Do regular check-up with the dentist to find and solve the gum and oral disorders.
Besides, brushing and flossing, there are some clinical procedures to prevent and treat gum disease.
- Dental Cleaning: To remove the tartar and hardened plaque.
- Root planning & Scaling: The bacteria which cause rough spots and gum disease are removed by this process.
- Tissue Grafting: To make weak gums into strong by fillings.
- Flap Surgery: The gum is lifted back to remove plaque and to decrease the space between gum and teeth, deters the bacteria formation.
Mail Us : firstname.lastname@example.org